Why Work with KTCEA?
KTCEA offers a unique opportunity to work with a diverse and dedicated team at the forefront of Indigenous led education in Canada.
KTCEA is a First Nations-led education authority located in north-central Alberta (Treaty 8 territory) dedicated to delivering education and building local capacity in the First Nation communities we serve.
We are always looking for capable and ambitious teachers, specialists, administrators, and support staff that will embody our vision for nîhiyaw kiskinohamâkîwin nakacîwin/Excellence in Indigenous Education. View Careers.
Work directly in the community and experience the unique lifestyle, land, and cultures of the five KTCEA communities.
- Be a part of an education system led directly by First Nations that supports Cree language, land-based learning and Elder involvement.
- Schools receive specialist supports for literacy, numeracy, nutrition, mental health, inclusive education (speech, occupational and physical therapy), early learning, high school career counselling, fine arts, career and technology studies and sports programming.
Work with KTCEA to bring about a truly Indigenous led school system that emphasizes and builds from the local Cree language, culture, and land-based learning.
- We aim to be a leader in First Nations education through a KTCEA curriculum that reflects the diverse Indigenous and community perspectives of the students we serve.
- As a staff member, you’ll be a part of a team at the forefront of supporting these innovative changes for our students, their schools and communities.
Competitive Pay and Benefits
- We offer competitive salaries that match and often exceed other school divisions and benefits that include a health benefits package, pension plan, regular professional development, and Cree language bonus. Some roles have opportunities for training and advancing pay scales.
- For teachers at all schools, we offer teacherages with low monthly rent (includes utilities), moving allowances, and classrooms with smaller class sizes.