As a member of the school team, the Wellness Worker provides coordination and oversight of school-based mental health and wellness services. They provide direct mental health, wellness services and case management to KTCEA students, families, and assists in the development and delivery of school and community-wide mental health and wellness interventions, programs, and trainings. The duties include:
- Encourage students to discuss emotions and experiences
- Examine issues including: bullying, anger management, depression, relationships, LGBTQ issues, self-image, stress and suicide
- Help students define goals, plan action and gain insight
- Refer students to psychologists and other services
- Provide crisis intervention and safety planning
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma in Human Services is preferred, equivalent education will be
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of First Nations Language, Culture, Organizations and Communities.
- Displays commitment, enthusiasm and creativity in providing support
- Empathetic and supportive
- Willingness to train and increase skills
Conditions of Employment: RCMP/Police Criminal Record Check and Intervention Record Check (formerly Child Welfare Check, CWIS) submitted prior to commencement of employment.
Benefits: We offer benefits that include health and pension, sick leave.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume with references via email to educationHR@ktcea.ca with the job I.D. #CLS.2022.03 in the email subject line. Click here to view this job posting in PDF format.
|Job Category||Full-time, Permanent|
|Annual Salary||$43,924.00 to $58,032.00 (Based on Education)|
|Closing Date||Until suitable candidate is found|
|Location||Cadotte Lake, AB|
|Workplace||Cadotte Lake School|