The Speech and Language Assistant will work one-on-one or with small groups of students to increase the frequency of speech and language assistance provided to students. They will work under the direct and indirect supervision of a certified speech-language pathologist who retains the responsibility for program planning and evaluation of the students. The principal will provide daily on-site supervision. They will perform the following tasks:
- Attending training sessions provided by the speech-language pathologist
- Working collaboratively with the speech-language pathologist, inclusive education teacher and teachers to establish and maintain a schedule for speech and language program activities
- Effectively implementing speech and language programs with individual students or small groups of students as developed and modeled by the speech-language pathologist
- Logging daily student activities and progress as directed by the speech-language pathologist
- Preparing speech and language materials and completing clerical tasks as requested by the speech-language pathologist and/or the inclusive education teacher.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of First Nation language and culture, organizations, and communities.
- Educational Assistant Diploma with CPR/First Aid preferred
- Some experience working with children in an organized setting preferred
- Experience working with students who exhibit challenging behaviors is an asset
Conditions of Employment: RCMP/Police Criminal Record Check and Intervention Record Check (formerly Child Welfare Check, CWIS) submitted prior to commencement of employment.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume with references via email to educationHR@ktcea.ca with the job I.D. #EQS.2022.07 in the email subject line. Click here to download this job posting in PDF.
|Job Category||Contract, Full-time|
|Employment Status||Full-time, term (to Nov 30, 2023)|
|Annual Salary||$43,924 - $58,032 (pending relevant education|
|Closing Date||Until suitable candidate is found|
|Workplace||Elizabeth Quintal School|
|Location||Peerless Trout First Nation|