Working collaboratively with the teacher, the Inclusive educational Assistant will be energetic and enjoy working with students in an inclusive setting. Training will be provided to the successful applicant to maximize the potential of the student and Inclusive Educational Assistant relationship.
- Working collaboratively with the classroom Teacher(s) and parents to offer a confidential environment.
- Providing support to a student in an inclusive setting, working one on one with a student focusing on maximizing student potential and independence. Concentrating on one specific student.
- Implementing the program to which he/she is assigned.
- Must be able to lift 50 lb. and move quickly in response to the student.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Educational Assistant Diploma with CPR/First Aid preferred
- Some experience working with children in an organized setting preferred
- Experience working with students with disabilities is an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of First Nations Language, Culture, Organizations and Communities.
Conditions of Employment: RCMP/Police Criminal Record Check and Intervention Record Check (formerly Child Welfare Check, CWIS) submitted prior to commencement of employment.
Benefits: We offer benefits that include health, pension and sick leave.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume with references via email to educationHR@ktcea.ca with the job I.D. #AS.2022.02 in the email subject line. Click here to access/download the job posting PDF.
|Job Category||Full-time, Permanent|
|Annual Salary||$34,250 to $39,350 (Based on Education)|
|Employment Status||Permanent, Full-time|
|Closing Date||Until Suitable Candidate is Found|
|Location||Whitefish Lake First Nation|