Walk with us on our journey towards Excellence in Indigenous Education. Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council Education Authority (KTCEA) serves six schools in five First Nation communities in Northern Alberta. KTCEA was created when KTC leadership brokered a funding deal with the Government of Canada, which was inspired by the need for a high quality, safe, and effective education system designed by Cree people to serve the needs of Cree students. Our programs and services reflect the unique Cree Language and Identity of the KTC Nations.
Reporting to the Intermediate Accountant Manager, the finance assistant is responsible for various duties such as reconciling accounts with vendors, entering invoices into the accounting program and working closely with the administration team etc. This individual will also provide administrative support during budget preparation and assist in annual audits.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Work experience as a finance assistant, finance officer or similar role.
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills for creating spreadsheets and using financial functions.
- Familiarity with accounting software
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Cree Language and Culture, Indigenous Organizations and Communities.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Conditions of Employment
RCMP/Police Criminal Record Check and Intervention Record Check (formerly Child Welfare Check, CWIS) submitted prior to commencement of employment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume with references via email to educationHR@ktcea.ca with the job I.D. #KTCEA.2022.14 in the email subject line.
|Closing Date||Open until suitable candidate is found|
|Location||Red Earth Creek, AB|
|Workplace||KTCEA Administration Office|