Teachers need to be taught, too!
The KTCEA staff gathered at Clarence Jaycox School for a regional professional development day with special sessions on programs that KTCEA provides to schools. Our day opened with some inspiring words about the importance of land-based learning by keynote speaker Dr. Kevin wâsakâyâsiw Lewis.
The sessions were as follows:
- Traditional Games with Deen Flett and Bill Sewepagaham;
- Cree Language and Culture with Jason Bigcharles, Delores Cox, and Audrey Anderson;
- Speech and Language and Early Childhood Learning with Theresa Brown and Wendy Calahasen;
- High School and CTS with Gwena Cunningham and Paul Neethling;
- Literacy and Numeracy with Emma Anso and Tedmann Onyango; and
- Operations and Maintenance with Marvin O’Brien and the O&M Specialists.
Thanks to the teachers, educational assistants, administrative staff, O&M staff, cooks, and all others who made this fun, creative, and informative day of learning possible!